Friday, September 19, 2008

A walking miracle!


Mason started preschool a few weeks ago and he absolutley loves it!! When we arrived at his school, he jumped out of the car and was thrilled to be able to wear his Thomas backpack! He had worn it 2 full days before we even went. We walked into his classroom and I said "Mason where are we" and he answered, "Look mom, its a classroom" with pure excitement! He went from one thing to the next telling us all about it! I stayed the first day to observe and was shocked with what I saw. The classroom was so quiet except for the sound of Mason's sweet little voice. I came home in tears of joy as I told everyone that Mason's biggest issue was that he talks too much! I never thought I would be able to say that. Exactly 2 years ago we started this journey with Mason and back then we weren't sure if Mason would ever be able to communicate! Mason has worked so hard in the past 8 months and what a miracle it has been to see him blossom! The therapy here has brought Mason out of the ties of autism that held him back before. He is an incredible little boy with such a sweet, animated little personality!! He is a walking miracle!!


2 comments:

kellie said...

I am sharing in your tears of joy! He is precious, and I am so glad for him that he had an advocate in such great parents, a true blessing. I often think that after this life, anyone who had a harder time of things, are going to look back with great admiration for those who looked after them, and happy tears will fall, after a lot of laughter.

Angie Lewis said...

Wow, I am so excited to see that you have a blog with updates on Mason! That is truly a miracle that he has come so far and is now talking "too much" (if there is such a thing for him).