Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wishes do come true!

This past week I have been thinking about all the progress Mason has made since we moved here. I remember back in Vegas, right before we left I made a few wishes for Mason. I wished that he could answer me, even with a simple yes or no. I wished he would look at me and be able to converse with me. I wished he would be able to tell me exactly what he wants and needs. I wished he would be happy and learn to enjoy life!
In the short 9 months we have been here, those wishes have come true. Mason can answer yes and no questions, he can and does converse with me while looking at me. He can tell me exactly what he wants and needs and most importantly, Mason is happy. Mason can talk to me... finally! Only 50% of children with regressive autism learn to talk again. What a blessing Mason can communicate! This past week Mason has started saying please, thank you and your welcome. I handed him something he had asked for, and in a sweet little voice he said, "thanks mom"! I about fell over and just smiled and said "your welcome Mason". That wasn't the last I heard those words, now every time he uses his manners and appropriately! I am so pleased with him and the little boy he is becoming!!

1 comment:

The Pfau's said...

What a sweet little Angel you have. He is so lucky to have you as a mom!!! Koben was in a special ed class for a few years with many children with autism. It is amazing what early intervention can do for these sweet little ones. Most of those children have moved on to typical classes at school and are doing wonderful!! Autism awareness and help has come a long way and there is so much hope for these little ones. I am so glad he has his own blog we will be cheering for your amazing boy!